Are you tired of heading into the office every day and sitting in the same cubicle? Do you crave more freedom in your work environment? If so, a flexible workspace might just be for you!
Whether you’re an entrepreneur, a startup, or a digital nomad, the flexible coworking model made famous by WeWork continues to thrive in 2023.
These business environments offer increased adaptability and flexibility for all. Flexible conditions result in higher productivity and cost savings for employers and an improved work-life balance for employees.
Read on to discover the perks of working in a flexible workspace for you or your team!
What are Flexible Workspaces?
Flexible workspaces are versatile office solutions for people seeking a place to conduct business. Although similar to coworking spaces — emphasizing a communal spirit, an open concept, and shared amenities — flexible workspaces offer additional privacy for companies of different sizes.
Not everyone can afford the overhead associated with an office building lease, especially one that is centrally located, trendy, and abuzz with activity.
Flexible workspaces make leasing commercial locations more affordable for all.
Companies that utilize flexible workspaces gain a distinct advantage by allowing their employees to choose where and how they will work. With a flexible workspace environment, staff can work from home, inside a reserved space, or in a shared area with their peers and other business operators.
Why Are They Becoming Popular?
The increasing demand for flexible workspaces can be attributed to the rise of remote employment and the need for flexibility and agility within the workforce.
The COVID-19 pandemic changed the way many companies operate. Businesses discovered that employees needn’t be in the office every day to be proactive. Flexible workspaces are a cost-saving measure that remains desirable for companies today.
Versatile workspaces appeal to a workforce that’s in demand. By offering flexible workspace options, you can increase employee satisfaction, retention, and make your company more desirable while recruiting.
Who Can Benefit from Flexible Workspaces?
Flexible workspaces benefit a wide range of individuals and businesses. Startups, freelancers, and small businesses can all enjoy the cost-saving advantages flexible workspaces deliver.
Why commit to something large, ambitious, and overpriced if you don’t have to? Remote employees can access professional environments as needed. Companies with fluctuating headcounts can benefit from the scalability flexible workspaces offer.
You get an established business address and home base for your operations that works for you!
Advantages of a Flexible Workspace
Flexible working options allow for more versatility in your processes.
- You can accommodate different projects and teams as needed, making it easier to scale up or down based on your company’s needs.
- Not everyone does well in a conventional office setting. Offering remote work options reduces commute time and stress for staff.
- Open coworking spaces encourage collaboration and team spirit.
- Flexible workspaces negate long-term lease commitments and help free up capital.
- Your company is no longer responsible for managing utility bills, maintenance, or cleaning.
- Shared amenities include WiFi, coffee makers, snack machines, and more.
- Enjoy an open layout with a variety of different spaces and seating options available.
- Furnished space cuts down on your expenditures.
Choosing the Right Location
Choosing the perfect location for your flexible workspace is crucial. Consider finding a workspace in a convenient location that offers easy access for you and your team.
- Proximity to public transportation and main routes is always a big plus.
- A location in a vibrant neighborhood with nearby restaurants and shops adds to the overall appeal for staff and customers.
- You want a bright and clean space with lots of windows to let in natural daylight.
- A building with plenty of seating options, multiple washrooms, and private meeting areas is vital for any flexible work environment.
- Look for nicely furnished communal areas, break rooms, kitchenettes, and outdoor areas.
- Free parking is always desirable.
- You want a location with a good mix of rooms, including private offices, dedicated workspace, conference facilities, and access to audiovisual equipment.
Like What You Hear? The Westlund Building Has It All!
The flexible workspace you seek is in Langley!
Are you curious to find out if the Westlund Building is a good fit for your business? Get in touch with our team and book your tour today!